Hiding Mouse Cursor, Full Screen Mode, 322.3

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Arnold
User

Hiding Mouse Cursor, Full Screen Mode, 322.3

Post by Arnold »

I appreciate the preference to exclude items from the Document Info Bar, and the Auto Scroll feature in the latest version.

One minor thing I noticed with Full Screen Mode in this version. The option to hide the mouse cursor after a delay does not seem to be working. The Navigation Bar does disappear after a short delay. Tried it in XP and Windows 7.

May not have worked in previous version(s) and I did not notice it.

Thanks.
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Re: Hiding Mouse Cursor, Full Screen Mode, 322.3

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Arnold wrote:The option to hide the mouse cursor after a delay does not seem to be working.
It is working for me in build 322.3 on Windows 10 Creators Edition 64-bit.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Guys,

I'm also not having any issues here. Arnold - can you confirm the build you're using?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Special
User

Post by Special »

Same as Arnold here, Windows 10 Creators Update/ latest build of the Editor and http://i.imgur.com/Fnq1Itp.png settings.

If I set it to "Always hide", it is always hidden, but no matter how long I wait it won't hide with it set to a delay like in my picture, this is a regression I think as I used a lot of fullscreen in the past and would have noticed something like this, might have been working in 321.0, but I can't check.
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

Version 6.0, Build 322.3
May 12, 2017, 00:51:14

Windows XP sp3, 32 bit
Windows 7 Home Premium sp1, 64 bit
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello All,

Thank you for providing this information. I have tested this on my windows 10 workstation, windows 10 VM both running 322.3. Both seem to work correctly. However testing on a windows 7 machine reproduced the issue.

I have created an internal development ticket to help track this issue. Please reference RT#3908: Issue with Fullscreen setting to autohide cursor on win-7 when requesting an update to this issue.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Arnold
User

Post by Arnold »

That is great. I don't think it is confined to Windows 7 though. I had the problem with both 7 & XP, and someone else posted they had the problem with Windows 10.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Arnold wrote:That is great. I don't think it is confined to Windows 7 though. I had the problem with both 7 & XP, and someone else posted they had the problem with Windows 10.
Hi Arnold,

In the ticket, I have specified win XP too. I excluded it from the title because our official stance is that we support XP only where possible. As such, this issue may not be so easy to fix for XP. In the ticket, I also have specified that some users have seen this on win-10. However having only been able to reproduce it on win-7 in-house, it is the cause for the title of the ticket.

Cheers!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America