Edit Comments header

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

anotheracademic
User

Edit Comments header

Post by anotheracademic »

I have discovered that I can convert to pdf all the docx files that come to me from students, thus one more protection against viruses. I have also discovered how the comments can be saved in the text with the original text on the left, and a page of comments on the right. Beautiful. Similar but better than commenting direct in a docx file.

But, I cannot find the preferences to set the comments style. Right now, each comment begins with this header, between two lines:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Type: Text Author: user Subject: Sticky Note Date: 06/05/2017, 15:31:06
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where can I edit this bar? Comment date alone would suffice.

Thanks
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Edit Comments header

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello anotheracademic

Thank you for your kind words. I am afraid that this header is not configurable at this time.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
anotheracademic
User

Post by anotheracademic »

You say, the comments bar is not yet configurable.

Please put it on the request list for features.

There is a small but important market out there. Thousands of lecturers and teachers get docx files daily to comment on. Word viruses are common. There is currently no easy way to avoid them.

We know on this forum that one, rare and almost unknown way to avoid them is to open the files as pdf using a non-Adobe reader/editor. The options for arranging the commenting, on the right, numbered, with or without lines to the part on the text, are very clear. If this system you have is only slightly improved, you have a real new marketing incentive. That is my encouragement to the developers to add this feature.

Of course, there is a slow way: switch to edit mode and delete them.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello anotheracademic,

Thank you once again for your comments.
We will certainly consider them when looking at this feature, but for the time being there are more urgent features in the ToDo list - so this particular feature even if approved might take longer to be implemented.

Regards,
Stefan