import data

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Cor508
User

import data

Post by Cor508 »

HI, So I am trying to work on creating a work flow that will eliminate some duplicate typing from excel to a PDF form I have to use to submit to the state.
(no I cant jsut use an interactive PDF because additional supporting info needs to be inserted on the excel sheets tha do not go on the PDF but the info on the PDF has to be on both)
I was following this tutorial which is obviously using acrobat.
https://answers.acrobatusers.com/Can-I- ... 13686.aspx
Where I get stuck is at the import data step.

I can not find the place to do this. I find an import data FILE but basically that inserts the sheet as another page.

my steps are I have a work sheet in a workbook in excel Where I fill in all the info
then the info I want on the pdf is copied from one worksheet to a preformated one ( as in the tutorial - naming the columns as they are named on the PDF)
I convert that sheet to a tab deliminted text. Now I want to import the data into the existing PDF.

Thanks
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: import data

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Cor508,

Thank you for the post. Could you please save both the PDF and the Excel file in a Zip archive and post it below? A sample with the same structure should be fine too. If you do not want to post the file to this online forums please send the files to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this thread.

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America