Save file for Advanced Criteria in Search function  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

janeg
User

Save file for Advanced Criteria in Search function

Post by janeg »

The way that the search function allows for advanced criteria is fantastic and works very well, especially the way you can specifically exclude some words from your search. I love that you can save the keywords. My questions is, essentially, where do those saved search criteria live? Is there an easy way to either import a file with the criteria or push these to users? We have multiple users that need to set up multiple saved searches using a very detailed list of set criteria. Right now, we have a text file that they have to open and copy and paste the criteria into their setup for each saved search. It's a lot of back and forth and prone to error. I thought if there was a file where the saved searches live, we could just push it to them or have them replace their current file manually so at least they're only pasting one thing.

Thanks!
Jane
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Save file for Advanced Criteria in Search function  SOLVED

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Jane,

Thanks for the post and your question.

You should be able to find all saved advanced criteria searches in the following registry key:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Settings\SearchView\SavedExt

They are saved as subkeys to the above with names 000000, 000001, 000002 and so on.

Just export the whole SavedExt registry key and then import it to as many users as you would like.

Regards,
Radi
janeg
User

Re: Save file for Advanced Criteria in Search function

Post by janeg »

Thanks, Radi!
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Save file for Advanced Criteria in Search function

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

No problem Jane, I'm happy to help.