Is the "custom search" of Advanced Criteria in the Search Pane are saved with the Export Settings?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

francois maurice
User

Is the "custom search" of Advanced Criteria in the Search Pane are saved with the Export Settings?

Post by francois maurice »

Hi.

Is the "Custom search" of Advanced Criteria in the Search Pane are saved with the Export Settings?

If not, is there a way to save those custom searches to another location, to backup them ?

I have a lot of these custom searches and I want to make sure not to lose them !

Thanks for the nice software. Really good to do academic research !

François
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Is the "custom search" of Advanced Criteria in the Search Pane are saved with the Export Settings?

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello François,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, I can confirm that the saved advanced criteria searches are exported along with your settings.

You can also copy these and import them to as many users as you would like via Windows registry. To see where to find them, please check this topic:
https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 30#p114234

Regards,
Radi
francois maurice
User

Re: Is the "custom search" of Advanced Criteria in the Search Pane are saved with the Export Settings?

Thanks,

Really nice.

I didn't see this post, sorry !!

François
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hello François,

No problem at all, I'm happy to help.

Regards,
Radi
francois maurice
User

Hi Radi,

I realize that the "Where would you like to search?" and "Options..." in the Search Pane are not saved. Am I wrong ?

That's unfortunate since each saved search has different search 'locations' and options ?

So, if there is a Wish List to the Editor, I'd like to put that one in it.

Thanks,

François
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi François,

I'll discuss this with our dev team to check if this is even possible to be implemented.

I'll write back when I have more information on the subject.

Regards,
Radi