Searching for non-English characters: different results in Find vs Search (vs Text Pattern for Bookmark Generation)  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

zarkogajic
User

Searching for non-English characters: different results in Find vs Search (vs Text Pattern for Bookmark Generation)

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Support,

I have a PDF using Danish characters: "Æ, Ø, and Å".

Using the Find vs Search ends in different results:

3 results for "Find", 1 results for "Search":

image.png

p.s.
0 (zero) results for:
image(1).png

p.s.2
Will send the document to email ...

Using latest 385 version.

-žarko
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Searching for non-English characters: different results in Find vs Search (vs Text Pattern for Bookmark Generation)

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello zarkogajic,

Thanks for the sample file!
We've received it and I've passed it to the appropriate developer.

We suspect the issue is that this is a ligature, however my colleagues would be able to tell more when they check the file thoroughly!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Searching for non-English characters: different results in Find vs Search (vs Text Pattern for Bookmark Generation)

Hello again Zarko,

We actually did some tests on our end, and it seems like both Find and the full search are able to find all 3 instances of the: "Æ".
Do you maybe have the "whole words" turned on for the Search? As with that on - you will indeed get as a result only the first instance of the "Æ".
image.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

Hi Stefan,

Uops .. sorry - yes "whole words" was checked. OK, this solves the Find vs Search.

What about "bookmark generation" ? I'll send you the presets file (via email...)

-žarko
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Searching for non-English characters: different results in Find vs Search (vs Text Pattern for Bookmark Generation)  SOLVED

Hello zarkogajic,

Thanks for the presets,
Indeed the bookmarks needs further investigation and I am working on that with our devs!

Update: Issue confirmed and I've just created the ticket:
#6772: Editor 385: Bookmarks from page text - issues with RegEx and Danish character Æ
So that we can look at this and get it resolved!

Kind regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Zarko,

The ticket has just been marked as resolved, and the fix will be available in the next build of our products (I do not have an exact date yet).

Kind regards,
Stefan
zarkogajic
User

Post by zarkogajic »

:)

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Searching for non-English characters: different results in Find vs Search (vs Text Pattern for Bookmark Generation)

:)