disable ability to move content while using the pencil tool

Discussion for the End User use of OCR in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

raffairon
User

disable ability to move content while using the pencil tool

Post by raffairon »

Hi,

I use PDF XChange to do homework and expecially to draw math graphs, saving them directly on PDF.

One problem that I don't like at all is that the software would allow me to move contenent (previuos drawing) when I have selected the pencil tool. So, for example, if I want to draw something near or over an existing drawing, i have to move the mouse to the left until the cross mouse pointer that rapresents the pencil tool appear (instead of the black arrow who would allow me to move the drawings), than i have to come back while drawing to be able to finally draw over an existing drawing.

Is there a way to disable this feature? I want to be able to move drawings, previous comment exc.. only when i use the select tool, if i have the pencil tool it should draw whatever happens
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: disable ability to move content while using the pencil t

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello raffairon,

You can hold down the Shift key - and would be able to start Drawing even if the pencil is over an existing annotation.
Or if you want this to be the default action (you will need to hold down the Shift key to be able to select an annotation) - you can go to the Viewer's main menu -> Edit -> Preferences -> Commenting,
And check the first (or both) "Enable exclusive mode..." option at the bottom of the right hand side of the window.

Best,
Stefan
raffairon
User

Post by raffairon »

That works, thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)