Save as location

Discussion for the End User use of OCR in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

hsrstud
User

Save as location

Post by hsrstud »

Thank you for your help. When I save a document with a new name, the 'save to' location is the last location that I saved a document in when using PDF-XChange Viewer instead of the current location of the document being saved. Microsoft Office uses the current location of the document as its default, which I find helpful. Given the current 'save to' default location in PDF-XChange Viewer, I frequently save documents in the wrong location, since I am used to them being saved in the folder of the current document rather than the location of the last document I saved. Is it possible to change this setting?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Save as location

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi hsrstud,

Thanks for the post - I don't believe that it's currently possible, but I can place a feature request for this that, while not a promise to deliver, it will be definitely be evaluated for implementation.

Cheers, hope that helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
askm consulting
User

Post by askm consulting »

I have the opposite situation. I download about 30 pdfs from a web site each week and want to save them in a folder relating to the project. Before the upgrade to PDF-Xchange Editor I could navigate to the project folder to save the first downloaded pdf and then all future saves would go straight to the project folder. Now the default is the download folder and I have to navigate to the project folder for each of the 30 pdfs. Is there some way I can achieve having the last saved to folder as the default?
Thanks

Alex
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Alex,

The Editor defaults to the folder in which the original file is downloaded/saved, and no currently it's not possible to set a new folder once and have it be used for the next files. As Will said - we will see to make a FR to our devs to change that behaviour.

Regards,
Stefan