bookmark plugin - information about text pattern

This forum is for plugins used in the PDF-XChange Editor only.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Willerding
User

bookmark plugin - information about text pattern

Post by Willerding »

Hi there,
the bookmark plugin is available in youngest version. I waited for it along and am happy, that it's there and works fine (and quickly!). I am interested in the text pattern feature to distinguish headings with numbers and dots from other lines. I found out that it works with real numbers and dots but did not find any information about generic pattern for numbers and letters. Are there any or could you give them here near term?

In addition I would like to point to a little problem. The bookmark feature does not recognize the german "umlauts" correctly. <ä> transforms to <¨a>. It would fine to find a fix (or to have a replace feature for bookmarks).

Regards
Christian
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: bookmark plugin - information about text pattern

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Christian,

Can you please give us an example of a pattern that works and one that doesn't (or a sample of what you want to be recognized but is not)?

Regards,
Stefan
Willerding
User

Post by Willerding »

Hi Stefan,
thanks for your reply. I would expect a generic pattern to identify numbers and letters. Then it would be possible to find any line that starts with a numbering like <chapter #><dot><subchapter #><dot subsubchapter #> (#.#.# would extract i.e. 1.3.2 or 3.1.4). By now I am only able to give a fixed number like 1.2.3 but not a generic pattern that helps to identify each line that belongs to the third chapter layer. I have some ebooks with the same font type and format for all chapter layers what means to need other criteria for differentiation.
If you integrate the possibility with a code like #.#.# it is important that # represents a whole number (like 12) and not only a character (like 1 or 2).
Regards
Christian
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the detail Willerding,

I'm afraid it's still not entirely clear what you are looking for. Sorry if I'm being obtuse.

Can you take a couple of screen shots from these books that would illustrate what you mean? They say a picture is worth a thousand words... ;-)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, Willerding.

If I understood you correctly, you're using "Generating Bookmarks From Page Text" feature. The "Match Text Pattern" option also allows you to use regular expressions which can be helpful, if not the only existing option, in your same font style problem.
For our regular expressions pattern, we're using ECMAScript regular expressions pattern syntax. Here's the link with detailed guide to it:
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/regex/ECMAScript/
As for your current needs, I've written a small pattern and tested it on similar document, which you can update as you like so it will do exactly what you need - just paste it in "Match Text Pattern" edit field:
^((\d)+(\.)){2}(\d)+((\s)+(\w)+)+

PS: I've only selected "Match Text Pattern" check box from "Text Content Rules Group" others are unchecked
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
Willerding
User

Post by Willerding »

Hi Sasha,
sorry, I did not notice your message, I probably forgot to check the notify option for replies. The link to ECMAScript is exactly what I was looking for! I was able to resolve another bookmark issue with this syntax according text pattern. If you renew the help file for the editor you should definitely include the link or the syntax.
Best regards
Christian
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com