How to use PDF-XChange Viewer with Editor IE plugin

This forum is for plugins used in the PDF-XChange Editor only.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

lanjme
User

How to use PDF-XChange Viewer with Editor IE plugin

Post by lanjme »

Hi

I have Windows 10 64bit with PDF-Xchange Pro 6.0.317.1.
I installed PDF-Xchange Viewer 2.5.317.1 and used the Pro license.

I want to use PDF-XChange Viewer as default viewer. Specially in Internet Explorer, since it is used with web application that must not have PDF editing capabilities by default.

PDF's do not open in viewer in IE, only in editor. After altering the "display in browser" settings, IE plugin gets broken and IE only shows open/save dialog when opening PDF links.

How to configure plugin/browser/viewer to view pdf's with viewer in IE?

-Jukka
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: How to use PDF-XChange Viewer with Editor IE plugin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Jukka,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not sure I understand what you would like to do.
Could you please specify if you would like to use the Viewer from within IE or the Editor?

Please note that the Viewer is no longer developed. This product has been replaced by the Editor.

Regards,
Radi
lanjme
User

Post by lanjme »

Hello

I'm trying to use the viewer within IE. Although Editor could be also used, if there aren't any editing features present in IE, but I don't believe it is possible.

IE plugin always opens editor, not viewer. And when trying to configure it, plugin gets broken and neither one opens pdf's within browser. Instead, I get open/save dialog.

-Jukka
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jukka,

the first thing I would be doing, since you stated it is important to use the Viewer and not the Editor, is to remove the editor from the system so it's not an option. You should then find configuring the viewer is as simple as setting the file associations from within the viewer to activate the browser plugins.

I should point out however, as Radi mentioned, the viewer is no longer actively being developed and support for it includes only existing features.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com