HRSULT code

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
HomerWu
User

HRSULT code

Post by HomerWu »

Hello ,
I encountered an error when converting the document, the error code is 0x82191041,which one could tell
me the meaning of the error code?
if possible,could you list other error codes and their error informations ?That will save me and more developers as well as your time to ask and Reply :lol:

Many thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: HRSULT code

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello HomerWu,

We used to have a small tool called DSErrorLookup - that was coming with our previous SDK packages - which could be used to get the meaning of error codes - but it does not seem a new version of it has been included with the Editor SDK. I've asked a colleague from the dev team to take a look and help us with that error message.

Regards,
Stefan
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

Hi HomerWu.
The better solution is to use the API to get error descriptions, especially the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT function. We may return system error codes (which we will not describe) or add new error codes (in which cases any list of errors might not get updated in time).
Unfortunately most people cannot find this function, so we've had to answer this question before as well.

The meaning of 0x82191041 is:
Microsoft Office "Save as XPS Add-in", required for opening Microsoft Office files, appears to be missing. Install the add-in and try again.

HTH.
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
HomerWu
User

Post by HomerWu »

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
But it seems like I have installed it on my machine,is this the add-in you said(have a look at the attachment)?
if not,which is the add-in you said?

Many thanks.
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello HomerWu,

We will need a sample on this matter then.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
HomerWu
User

Post by HomerWu »

I wonder if the error is related to the environment, my environment is Windows7 (64bit), Office2007, and the Office is not registered.
If it has nothing to do with the environment, I will upload my code to you.

Thanks.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello HomerWu,

As far as I know the Office should be registered for the correct converter's work.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
HomerWu
User

Post by HomerWu »

Hello Lzcat and Sasha,

:lol: I encountered an other error when converting the document, the error code is 0x82140002,could you please tell me the detail message of the error?

By the way,Lzcat used to tell me a method called 'FormatHRESULT' to get the detail message,but i do not know how to use :( ,can you provide me some sample code to use it?
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello HomerWu,

This a very simple method to use, please read the description provided here:
https://sdkhelp.pdf-xchange.com/vie ... matHRESULT

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at: