Bug in Moving Pages if it is Last Page

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
DolphinMann
User

Bug in Moving Pages if it is Last Page

Post by DolphinMann »

Apologies if this is not the correct bug submission forum.

This can be replicated in the DEMO included with the SDK, no code changes or anything else outside of your application.

1.) Open a single page document.
2.) If you attempt to delete the last page the "OK" button is greyed out. Essentially it does not let you. This is good
3.) Open an additional single page document in "Multiple Documents" mode.
4.) Holding "SHIFT" to "move" instead of "copy", drag the page from the Thumbnails page view from one document to the other. A Pop-up window appears that says "Delete Pages" and then it hangs there.

I'm guessing this is because it cannot delete the last page of a document. Not really sure what the correct behavior should be here, so open to thoughts or suggestions. I'm guessing it just does not allow it? Maybe allow it and delete the document, though that seems invasive.

EDIT: Version 6.0322.0
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Bug in Moving Pages if it is Last Page

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello DolphinMann,

I've manage to reproduce this in the End-User Editor - this will be fixed in the next build.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
DolphinMann
User

Post by DolphinMann »

Thank you, just out of curiosity, what will happen when a user attempts to do this?
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Same result - there was a bug in the Delete Pages operation - the progress was not stopped correctly thus it hung. Now it is fixed and the fix itself will be available from the next build.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
DolphinMann
User

Post by DolphinMann »

Ahh apologies. Poor wording of my question. What will be the behavior after the fix in the next build?

Will it error(not hang but error)? Move the page and delete the PDF? Copy the page but not move it? Present a warning dialog of some kind?
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello DolphinMann,

The behavior would be that the Move operation will be switched to the Copy operation when you select all of the pages of the source document, meaning that the End-User won't have a possibility to do move all of the pages just copy them.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
DolphinMann
User

Post by DolphinMann »

Has this been fixed yet? I saw a 6.0.322.3 release, but I could not find the release notes for it.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Hello DolphinMann,

The fix will be available in the next major release version.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at: