Text Placement Issue

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
jeffp
User

Text Placement Issue

Post by jeffp »

I've run into a very strange issue. I have a customer in Germany that is running our program to OCR a image PDF. Our internal process is to do the OCR in an outside engine and then use those OCR coordinates to place the text inside the PDF using your Editor DLL functions. So the text placement is done with your SDK.

Here's the strange issue. I'm running the exact same version of our software as my customer in Germany. The attached "Before Convert.pdf" is the document that we both send through our conversion process.

The "After Convert1.pdf" is his output and the "After Convert2.pdf" is my output. If you open them up the text placement is very different. Both seem to have all the ocr text the the placement of that text in his output file is terrible. Open both output PDFs and click into the page and then do a CTRL-A to see the text placement differences.

I was hoping you may be able to help me figure out what may be going on. Again, he is in Germany so I'm not sure how localization may affect this or not.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

--Jeff
Before Convert.pdf
(734.6 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
After Convert1.pdf
(736.86 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
After Convert2.pdf
(736.51 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Text Placement Issue

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Jeff,

Well it seems that the problem is on your side with your OCR engine - look at the results that you are getting from it and investigate there.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ