Save stamps to database...

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
lidds
User

Save stamps to database...

Post by lidds »

What I want to do is allow the user to create their own stamps but then save this stamp collection to a database that allows other users to access these stamps.

Is there a method that would allow the user to save a Stamp Collection to a database in PDF XChange. I understand that this is probably not a simple command, so I could always loop through the Stamp Collections, save these to the database with a primaryID that then links to another database that has the stamps and images saved in the database against the Stamp Collection primaryKey.

So basically I need a way to do the following:

1. Loop through Stamp Collections incase the user has used standard PDF XChange forms to create new Stamp Collections and/or stamps
2. Load Stamp Collections and stamps using code. These stamps and stamp collections would have been gathered from the database prior, which I can handle. It is more about reading and creating stamp collections and stamps.

Any code and help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Simon
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Save stamps to database...

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello Simon,

Do you know the format that stamps are saved in the Stamps Collections? Also, do you know what the Stamp Collection is physically on disk? Investigate those questions and see whether this will work for you.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
lidds
User

Post by lidds »

Sorry Alex,

I don't think I understood your post.

No I don't know the format of the stamp collection because I do not know how the stamp collection in PDF XChange is saved and restored. Is it using Registry values, stored in AppData etc. etc. this is my question to you. I was hoping you could explain how the stamps palette is saving and restoring stamp collections!!!

Then once I understand this I hopefully will be able to figure out a way to save and restore these from a database, even if it means restoring from a database and saving to AppData folder etc.

Thanks

Simon
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Simon,

Stamps are stored in special "stamp collection" files. Those are still PDF documents - but with some additional special information in them.
A stamp collection can have one or more stamps in it.

The Editor will handle the creation of the stamp collection file for you (and the user), and you can then find the collections under
%APPDATA%\Roaming\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps

If you copy a file from there to the database, and then restore it to the same folder before launching the Editor - that stamp collection should become available on the Editor launch. Please note that those collections can not be modified by third parties while opened in the Editor.

You can read a bit more on stamp collections here:
How do I copy custom stamp palette to all users?

Regards,
Stefan