custom dialog for add reply menu

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
asamrith@gmail.com
User

custom dialog for add reply menu

Post by asamrith@gmail.com »

Any suggestion on how I can popup my own custom dialog when the add reply is selected so a user can enter reply text in the popup custom dialog instead of the SDK reply that appears under the comment?
For example, do I do this in e_beforeShowContextMenu or e_annots_inserted?
What event will allow me to capture the add reply click then popup my custom reply dialog?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: custom dialog for add reply menu

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello asamrith@gmail.com,

You mean that you want to handle the Add Reply click? If so then the custom command handler would work - just catch the OnNotify method and your implementation. It's the cmd.annot.addReply command.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
asamrith@gmail.com
User

Post by asamrith@gmail.com »

thank you for the suggestion. I found another way of doing this that is not as elegant but works for us.

1. I trap the add reply in the event, e_annots_inserted
2. delete the reply annot
3. popup custom modal reply dialog at the cursor position of the comment
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

:)
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ