Developer documentation

A forum for questions or concerns related to the PDF-XChange Core API SDK

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
csterg
User

Developer documentation

Post by csterg »

Hello,
As i am trying to evaluate the new SDK, I cannot find any real documentation. The online documentation is just a function/interface reference without any mention of what each function does.
Is there any real documentation?
For example, there are 3 different Draw methods in IPXC_Page interface, what are the differences?

Am I missing something basic?
Sorry if this is a basic question
Costas
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Developer documentation

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Costas,

The help system is indeed structured around the different interfaces the SDK offers. We are gradually filling the pages for each method and property with content.
A good place to start would be the sample projects we supply with the SDK itself - take a look at the FullDemo to get started. Then if you need to achieve any specific task and are unsure how to do it - you can ask the question here in the forums and we would be happy to assist further. If any pages that you will need are missing description - we will usually add that too!
And there might be several different methods with similar names as each of them will take a different set of arguments, and serve a separate purposes (e.g. DrawToDevice vs DrawToMemory) and are all needed. By looking at the names and arguments each takes you should be able to distinguish between what each of the three separate "Draw" methods does.

Regards,
Stefan
csterg
User

Post by csterg »

Thank you Stefan.
I have been 'struggling' with the samples to be honest, I do find it difficult to find my way through them. I will keep coming back here asking help if i need something,
Costas
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello csterg,

The overall SDK is very big so if you can't find anything on forums and sdkhelp do ask - we will try to assist.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ