Disorganized installation

A forum for questions or concerns related to the PDF-XChange Core API SDK

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
greymont
User

Disorganized installation

Post by greymont »

I just downloaded the PDF-XCHANGE PRO 6 SDK which I think includes the core SDK and the printer SDK. I want to evaluate these for creating PDF files directly from my Delphi app (Delphi 10.1 Berlin Update 2).

I unzipped the installer and ran it. In the folders that were created I found the APIHelp folder and the PDFX5DRV_APIsm.pdf file.

Question 1: Why does the link to the API documentation say it is for "PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK 2012 Online Manual (English)"? 2012, really?

Question 2: The link is broken! How can I learn the API without documentation?

I looked in C:\Apps\PDF-XChange PRO 6 SDK\Examples\APIExamples\DelphiExamples\PDFdriverAPI\DriverAPI.dpr to see if anything made sense. it references PXCComLib6_TLB and SHDocVw_TLB that I cannot find anywhere on my computer.

Question 3: Where are they?

Question 4: I looked in the readme.txt file and it says PDF XChange 4 must be installed. Is that really true?

Question 5: It says to create a type library using Delphi menu choice Project -> Import Type Library... but there is no such menu item. How do you do this?

How do I get started??? I'm VERY frustrated with this experience! :(
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Disorganized installation

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello greymont,

I will speak with the guys making the installation packages, and make sure that we update those files.
Indeed if you have downloaded the latest SDK build - it will contain the Core API and the Drivers API - both the current latest version (6.0). The help pages for the Core and Editor SDKs are here:
https://sdkhelp.pdf-xchange.com/view/Main_Page

And this is the one for the drivers:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/DEV/de ... n=drivers5

Regards,
Stefan