Crop from Command line to White margin

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PieterSO
User

Crop from Command line to White margin

Post by PieterSO »

I have installed the 318 build, to use the commandline.
I get some movement.
But does somebody know the exact options to crop my pdf to the white margins.

Something like this but the
"C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Tools V6\PDFXTools.exe" "C:\temp\test8.pdf" /RunTool: croppages

I see, the software displays, but close after a 0.5 sec.
I don't know how to specify the white margins.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: Crop from Command line to White margin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Pieter.

You may do it, but firstly you need to set one option for 'Crop Pages' tool:

- launch just the regular end-user program, select the 'Crop Pages' tool and look to the Actions List on the right. In this list look for the 'Crop Pages' action-item and click small 'gear' icon in caption. The dialog with Crop Options will be displayed for you. Choose the "Remove All White Spaces" value for "Crop Method" option and click OK. After that you my run the command line like

/RunTool croppages <FileOrFolderName>

and it will crop white margins in specified documents as well..

Tip: expand(if it is collapsed) the 'Crop Pages' action-item and uncheck the "Show setup dialog while running" and tool will do the job without showing of "Crop Pages Options" dialogue.

HTH
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
PieterSO
User

Post by PieterSO »

Thanks
Indeed now it is working
I had to move the pdffilename to the back, after the toolnaam.
But also the tip is usefull.

Now I have created a shortcut on the desktop of a customized tool.
And I can use these commandline:
"C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Tools V6\PDFXTools.exe" /RunTool "{CAA0937E-54E4-43FD-92907F8D799E2385}" "C:\temp\test15.pdf"

Do you know if it is possible to use the name instat of the guid?
Or how often is this guid changed, I want to copy this functionality to other colleques. (export tool and import tool)
Each time we make a pdf from Autocad to crop and saveas png.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for the post - The GUID shouldn't change often, if at all, but you should be able to use /RunTool CropPages instead of the GUID.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Pieter.
Do you know if it is possible to use the name instat of the guid?
You can use 'friendly names' only to run standard tools. For custom tools only GUIDs can be used.
Or how often is this guid changed, I want to copy this functionality to other colleques. (export tool and import tool)
It does not change GUIDs during import/export tools.

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
hgrom
User

Post by hgrom »

Would be nice if this was explained in the helpfiles. Took me some time to find out why my custom tools didnt work.
To be honest I didnt read that /dumptools needed a destinationfile. I was wondering why nothing showed ab in cmd :-)

Also a nice to have feature would be to be able to show/copy the GUIDs over the GUI. Create shortcuts and/or dumptools isnt quite an user friendly way. Of course the "feature" to use the real names for custom tools in command lines would be the best solution :-)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

HI hgrom,

Thanks for the post - I'll pass that along to our help writer to be included.
Also a nice to have feature would be to be able to show/copy the GUIDs over the GUI. Create shortcuts and/or dumptools isnt quite an user friendly way. Of course the "feature" to use the real names for custom tools in command lines would be the best solution :-)
I agree with you here, but it may be a case of it not being quite as simple as it appears. I'll pass this along for consideration.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com