Control Page Sort Order

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

bgfullerton
User

Control Page Sort Order

Post by bgfullerton »

Everything I have seen says this cannot be done, but because I am new to this, I have to ask.
In a command line function, I can get all the files in a folder to be merged together into one document just fine.
Is there a way to make the files being merged together, be merged in such a way as to organize them according to date?
The files are accumulated throughout the year and I would like to merge them into one document, but do it in a way that when you open the document, you see them in order according to the date they were originally saved to the folder.
Not the end of the world here, just would be a nicer look.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Control Page Sort Order

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello bgfullerton,

I am afraid that this is not possible to accomplish via command line. However, it is doable using the Editor or Tools.

In the Editor, I recommend using the "Combine Files" feature located under File> New Document> Combine Files Into a single PDF.

Clicking on the "Modified" option will sort the files by date. You can find more information using the features of this screen on page 118 (section 7.1.9.2) of the PDF manual available here: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/downlo ... XE6MAN.zip

The same can be done using PDF-Tools' Split/Merge feature.

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America