How to set bookmarks from filenames?

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jerryburg
User

How to set bookmarks from filenames?

Post by jerryburg »

I want to merge 4 files. Let's call them A.pdf, B.pdf, C.pdf, and D.pdf.

In the merged document I want Tools to set a bookmark with the name of the file at the first page of each merged document.

So the final document would not contain the contents of A, B, C, and D. The first page of "A" would be bookmarked as "A", the first page of "B" would be bookmarked as "B", etc.

This seems like it should be easy. If PDF Tools has a way to do this I can't figure it out.

Please help.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: How to set bookmarks from filenames?

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Jerry,

You can do this in both Editor and PDF-Toos V6.

Tools:
Using the Split/Merge feature, ensure that you select the following settings prior to activating the tool:

Editor:
In the Editor, go to File> New Document> Combine Files into a single PDF. Add the desired files in the following window, then choose options and select the option indicated below:

I hope this helps!
Attachments
Jerry Burg.zip
(16.25 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
jerryburg
User

Post by jerryburg »

Thank you!!
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Anytime :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America