Could't fit page width by current view in full sreen mode~

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

fantasyc
User

Could't fit page width by current view in full sreen mode~

Post by fantasyc »

:x I always like to read in full screen mode.Althouth I have set "fit page width by current view " as my default choice,but in full screen mode ,the doucuments is displayed in "fit page by current view". The fonts are too samll .I have to press ctrl+2 to change mode.I think it is really an unhappy experience .
halabund
User

Post by halabund »

Adobe Reader has the same behaviour. This is because full-screen mode is primarily intended for presentations, where the sensible default is "Fit page", regardless of the non-fullscreen setting. (Isn't PDF a much better format than PowerPoint? It works on all platforms, the format is not tied to a single authoring tool, etc. ;) ) It is very common that one is not able to use one's own computer when doing a presentation, and it is easy to get confused when the foreign machine does not behave in the expected way ("fit page" for full-screen), and there are no visible controls on the screen.

But unfortunately the current version of PDF XChange Viewer is not very suitable for doing presentations. There are several problems, including:
  • Grey background instead of black.
    The page does not fill the screen, but it has a thin border and a small shadow (like a real sheet of paper).
    It seems that the next page is not rendered in advance (like in Adobe Reader). This results in a delay when flipping, and a very noticeable flicker.
It would be nice if in some future release PDF XChange added support for presentation mode (and for features commonly used in PDF presentations, e.g. the examples on this page do not work)

It is not an easy job to make a software tool which is convenient and easy to work with in all usage scenarios. XChange Viewer is on the right track, but it still has a long way to go.
fantasyc
User

--------------------------------------------------------

Post by fantasyc »

It is a good idea to add a presentation mode . :)
And I think it would be better that PDF XChange add support for varieties choice in full screen mode,such as changing the background color,selecting whether to display the documents in "fit page by current view" or "fit page width by current view " ,and so on.That would be more satisfying. 8)
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Will add such features into one of the next builds.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
fantasyc
User

Post by fantasyc »

:D
Oh,Thanks.
I can't wait to get the new version. :D
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

:)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Scubaduba
User

Post by Scubaduba »

Hi,

Thanks for this great software.

Is it possible that you add the feature of keeping "page layout" mode in full screen? I like to read my documents in full screen and facing.

Thanks