Setting a Bar or Pane default location

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

billfz
User

Setting a Bar or Pane default location

Post by billfz »

Is there a way to set a bar or pane's location? For example I would like to have the thumbnails pane default to the position under the image instead of to the left.

If this is not possible through the API, is there a way to make the user's manual movement of a bar or pane retain its location on subsequent instances of the viewer?

thanks!
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

For now, via API it is possible just to show or hide panes. Such ability will be added later
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
allanjn
User

controling panes

Post by allanjn »

I would also like this ability, so add me to your list of people looking for this type of feature.

I think I will have to resort to some tricky code that will send windows messages to that window to control its location and size, etc. Haven't tried it yet, but that should do the trick. There are a fair bit of samples out there on how to work with the windows message pump.

I will submit sample code if/once I have success with that technique.

Cheers,
Allan
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Allan,

any temporary solution which may be useful to others appreciated in the interim .
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com