Request: Please make spash screen NOT always on top

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

halabund
User

Request: Please make spash screen NOT always on top

Post by halabund »

On my computer, XChange Viewer does not always start up very quickly (especially with recent versions). This is not a problem at all---I can wait. But it is really annoying that the splash screen is always-on-top, and obscures other windows. No other programs that I know of have always-on-top splash screens.

Please make the XChange Viewer splash screen not always-on-top if possible.
andreasm1982
User

Post by andreasm1982 »

I disabled splashscreen to avoid this. Or don't you wan't do disable it?
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

If PDF-XChange is taking a long time (more than five seconds) to start up, that is not to be expected. Either you're PC is rather low-spec, or you have some other problem worth investigating.

Turn off the splash screen in preferences. It won't make start any slower — in Adobe Reader 6, the splash screen used to slow down startup significantly, but only a cold start (first time it was run).
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
halabund
User

Post by halabund »

As I said, my complaint is NOT about startup speed (not everyone has the latest machine).

I disabled the spash screen. This makes things much better, but I believe that XChange Viewer would still be a better program if the splash screen weren't always on top.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

To be honest there is a little point in having a spalsh screen if its not on top - but as soon the timer is finished - or you click anywhere on the splash screen - it will close.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
halabund
User

Post by halabund »

Tracker Support wrote:To be honest there is a little point in having a spalsh screen if its not on top
Actually when it first appears, it will be on top even if it is not always-on-top, as with any other window. I have seen no other programs that force the splash screen to stay on top even if the user clicks elsewhere.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

There are many - but do we really want to waste time discussing this ?

If you switch off in the preferences - or click on it, no splash screen, the issue is then, academic.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com