Copy and drop comment on an other file

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

FossatiArchitectes
User

Copy and drop comment on an other file

Post by FossatiArchitectes »

Hello,
I have some plans in PDF format and we did draw some information with comment, lines, color text blocs and stamp tools on it. Now the version of the plan did just change, we need to copy all the comment on the new version and move it to the right position, all in one time. We are struggling to do that, is there a way to make it easily without drawing everything again?
Thanks.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Copy and drop comment on an other file

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Does it help to use the "Export" and "Import" options in the Comments-ribbon of PDF-XChange Editor.

In that way, you could export all the comments of the old drawing to an FDF-file and then using this FDF-file to import the comments into the new drawing. I suppose that the position of the comments does not change?

Kind regards.
FossatiArchitectes
User

Hi,
I tried this way, but it is still impossible to move all comment in one time when imported on the file.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

What do you mean precisely with "move" ?

Are there some type of comments missing after copy/paste via export/import or are you having troubles by moving the comments all together in one time to another place on the page ?

In this last case, you could try using the "Transform"-tool in PDF-XChange Editor (Home-ribbon > Selection > Transform).
After selecting all the comments of a page (by using the Comments-pane), you can change the "X" and "Y"-values in the Transform-dialog-box to obtain a move to left/right and/or up/down.

Does that help ?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Willy Van Nuffel,

Many thanks for the help.

@FossatiArchitectes - please let us know if the above helps!

Kind regards,
Stefan
FossatiArchitectes
User

Hi,
Are there some type of comments missing after copy/paste via export/import or are you having troubles by moving the comments all together in one time to another place on the page ?

I mean i'm having troubles to move the comment all together in one time to another place on the new page where i pasted it. I tried to mak a stample with the comment but i can't modify them after.

I tried with the transformation tool but i look very complex to find the right position with just the x/y coordonates.

Thanks for your patience by the way.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Can't you move just one comment to the right place (eventually by drag-and-drop) and then calculate the changes of the coordinates by taking note of the 'before' and the 'after' position (in the Transform dialog-box) ?

Once you know that, you can apply this to the whole selection ?

TIP: You can also use the Commenting Tools > Arrange ribbon for changing the X- and Y-values of the Transform feature.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Willy Van Nuffel,

Thanks for the help!

@FossatiArchitectes - just to make sure - you are aware that you can select all of your comments using the comments pane (Ctrl + M to open it) and then move that selection as one?
You can also group comments by e.g. Author/colour/page etc - to make selection subsets of comments easier!

Kind regards,
Stefan