If I just created a blank pdf via 'New File'how do I add shapes and lines that are base cotent?  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

GaryAtlan82
User

If I just created a blank pdf via 'New File'how do I add shapes and lines that are base cotent?

Post by GaryAtlan82 »

I am completely dumbfounded here, I spent an hour trying to figure this out.

I wanted to create a simple PDF file with graphics from scratch in PDF-Xchange to test the paths editing capabilities recently added. I can only seem to add Text boxes, Images and QR codes as base content. Nothing else.

I create a PDF file in Adobe Illustrator, I can edit the content of that file, just fine in PDFx, including paths as Bezier curves.

But how do I start from scratch in PDFx and basic shapes and paths from there on?

Thanks for any help.
lev
User

Re: If I just created a blank pdf via 'New File'how do I add shapes and lines that are base cotent?  SOLVED

Post by lev »

One way to do it is to create annotations such as typewrite text, shapes, etc. and flatten them. Copying and pasting base content from another file is another option.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: If I just created a blank pdf via 'New File'how do I add shapes and lines that are base cotent?

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello GaryAtlan82, lev,

Yes, to convert annotations such as lines, rectangles, typewriter text etc. to base content, you need to flatten them. You can find Flatten in the Comment tab of the Editor.

Alternatively, select any annotation(s), right click on it and select Flatten Selected Comments.

Regards,
Radi
GaryAtlan82
User

Re: If I just created a blank pdf via 'New File'how do I add shapes and lines that are base cotent?

Post by GaryAtlan82 »

That works. Thank you both!
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

If I just created a blank pdf via 'New File'how do I add shapes and lines that are base cotent?

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

:)