Crash the application

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
prasantha
User

Crash the application

Post by prasantha »

Hi,
I tried to combine couple of files using

_PXV_Inst.AsyncDoAndWaitForFinish(Op, (uint)OpExecFlags.OpExecFlag_BatchMode);

but it crash the application and exit the application. i have writen code inside the
try catch block. but it does not execue the catch block.So i cant debug the issue.

I can see the below exception in windows eventlogs
Faulting module name: PDFXEditCore.x86.dll, version: 9.0.354.0, time stamp: 0x60820247
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x019325fe
Faulting process id: 0x1078
Faulting application start time: 0x01d9d999d2c90ae7
Faulting module path: .........\ PDFXEditCore.x86.dll
Report Id: 6b911598-4777-4106-b941-25ae1170cf5d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Can some one let me kow how can i debug this.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: Crash the application

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi prasantha.

Firstly, I must say you use a pretty old version of our SDK (354 build, Apr 2021). So I guess it is better to try the latest build too.

Another point - you use the 32-bit version of SDK and the exception code is 0xc0000005 - therefore it might be a case when you overused the memory (or fragmentation of memory is too high). So please check your code to make sure there are no memory/resource leaks.

Also you may provide a simple example app that will allow us to reproduce the issue on our side.

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.