Save menu bar settings  SOLVED

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Friedrich
User

Save menu bar settings

Post by Friedrich »

Hello!

I moved from Win7 to Win10, and while previously the customized menu bar saved on closing it now resets to the default layout every time I re-open the program. To be more precise, I would like to have the "Comment and Markup Toolbar" to be shown permanently. Also, whenever I open a PDF file the program opens minimized, I would like it to be maximized by default.

Unfortunately I was unable to find any of these settings in the "Preferences" settings. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong places.

Any help is appreciated!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Save menu bar settings  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Friedrich

The Editor should be saving its settings to current user registry when you close the app, however upgrades from one OS to another have been known to cause permissions issue for applications, and that may be preventing use from saving our settings. As such, if you experience any issues with applications after an OS upgrade, the first thing to try should be uninstalling the application, restarting the PC, and then manually reinstalling that application.

Once you have done that, hopefully your application settings (including window position and size) will be properly saved upon closing the application, as you need.
Regarding showing the "comment" tab shown by default, the Editor will always show the "left-most" tab (ignoring "file"), so if you wish to show comment tab by default, you would need to hide the "home and "view" tabs... which may not be a great idea.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Friedrich
User

Re: Save menu bar settings

Post by Friedrich »

Thank you very much for your response. A re-install has indeed fixed the issue!
Turned out I had previously installed the portable version instead of the "normal" program. Perhaps that was part of the problem.

Thanks again and have a great day.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Save menu bar settings

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com