Hyperlinks not working in newly generated PDF file.

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ThiV
User

Hyperlinks not working in newly generated PDF file.

Post by ThiV »

Hello all,

I can confirm this problem too.
[ Admin Edit - this post was initially placed in this topic: viewtopic.php?t=40758 ]

We are using the standard version as a client tool.
And also the hyperlink is broken "not working" in case " if the hyperlink (refer to share or website) has very long text => word wrap to 2 lines".
If the hyperlink-text match in 1 lines, so the link is working.
We need Adobe Acrobat to open the share folder from a embeded hyperlink.
And to open a file from a share, we need the Adobe Reader.

Could you check it with the developer team, please? Thank you.
We need a solution asap and would like to buy the newest version (if it is working).

best regards
Thi
Last edited by ThiV on Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Broken hyperlinks in generated PDF file.

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello ThiV,

Welcome to our forums.
If you are using the end user products - can you please send us a sample of a source file and the resulting PDF so that we can take a look?

Kind regards,
Stefan
ThiV
User

Post by ThiV »

Hello,
Please find enclosed the example. Please keept the last PDF as confidential (I have removed it and add another one which is tested with V10).
I have tested it with V10, too.
I see that the hyperlink (2 or more lines) is working. Improved in V10.
TEST_Cases_for_PDFXChange_V10.pdf
I could not add a .docx file.

Best regards
ThiV
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ThiV on Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello ThiV,

Thanks! I see that you created this file with V6 of our printing drivers.
Did you use the "File -> Print" inside word?
That could indeed produce results different than what you desire.
Please consider updating to the current latest V10, and then to use the Add-in that comes with our PDF-XChange Printer Standard (also included in the Pro bundle) - so that you can then convert the file with the correct links.

Kind regards,
Stefan
ThiV
User

Post by ThiV »

Yes, I have print as PDF from MS Word. As you see on my last response. I have make a test with V10. Not all links are working.

Do you mean this pro version : https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/pdf-xchange-pro ?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello ThiV,

Thanks - yes - using File -> Print with the new version will have similar results.
My thought was for you to try this plug-in which should now be available in your MS Office products - and see if that generates your files better:
image.png
I would also separate your posts and my replies in a new topic as you are using the end user products and the original topic was an SDK one.

Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ThiV
User

Post by ThiV »

Hello Stefan

You can separate my topic.
I can confirm you that all links in my test document are working better with the Plug-In-function "transfer to PDF".
Could you talk to the developer that they must transfer the function to "PrintAsPDF" in the next service packs or release, please?
We need this function "PrintAsPDF" to make some automations.

Can you tell me how to start this plug-in function from a vb macro or .net vb or a command line?
Thanks.
Thiv
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Hyperlinks not working in newly generated PDF file.

Hello ThiV,

Unfortunately that is not really possible - as when you select "File -> Print" the control over the printing process is in Word - and they decide what information to sent to the printer - and as they assume you are printing to paper - the actual link information is not sent out. So the links you see are what we are later trying to recognize in e.g. the Editor on the fly.

That's why if you have "Click Here" type of links you need to use the Add-in - as when you use that - we can read the whole content of the file being converted and preserve such links in the generated PDF document later.

Kind regards,
Stefan