Force repaint for clipboard stamp elements

PDF-XChange Editor SDK for Developers

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

When experiencing some errors, use the IAUX_Inst::FormatHRESULT method to see their description and include it in your post along with the error code.
MaSeife
User

Force repaint for clipboard stamp elements

Post by MaSeife »

I have a question concerning stamp-annotation-elements that were added by copy&paste into a pdf (name contains clipboard). What I found out is that they have an appearance-attribute which has Base64 enconded content. It is some kind of XML-structure (DICT-Element with subelements). I took a look at the content for the same 'image' with different rotations. The 'image'-content remained the same. The only difference I could find was an additional Matrix-Array that was existing, whenever it was not a 'normal' orientation (0 degree). For example for a 90 degree left rotation it was

<ARRAY KEY="Matrix">
<FIXED VAL="0"/>
<FIXED VAL="1"/>
<FIXED VAL="-1"/>
<FIXED VAL="0"/>
<FIXED VAL="55.502362"/>
<FIXED VAL="0"/>
</ARRAY>

So I wanted to be clever and 'simulate' the rotation by decoding the appearance-value, adding a Matrix-Array (in relation to the rotation), encoding it back to Base64 and assigning this new value to the appearance-attribute before the annotations were added back to PDF-XChange. The problem I have: the image/stamp is still shown in 'normal' orientation afterwards - even with the new appearance-value. Is there some kind of trick to force a repaint or something? At first I thought it might be a problem of an old version of PDF-XChange-Editor (we were using some 7.x-version) but it's the same behaviour in a newer version I have tried (10.1.0 - build 380).

In the attached images you can see how the clipboard-Stamp (the about-Dialog was used for it) looks after the insertion into the PDF (as an annotation) and then after the content-processing + rotation. The size and position of the element is as expected, only the orientation and scale of the image is wrong.

Before:
Stamp-Element before.png
Afterwards:
Stamp-Element afterwards.png
For non-clipboard-stamp-elements, where the image content is somewhere in the filesystem, the workaround is to simply clear the content of the stamp-element. Afterwards the stamp is displayed as expected (e.g. rotated the right way). But that doesn't work for clipboard-stamp-elements since the 'image information' is only available within the encoded appearance-Attribute and in that case clearing the content only leads to an empty square.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Force repaint for clipboard stamp elements

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello MaSeife,

I have asked my colleagues from the dev team to take a look at this topic and get back to you as soon as possible!

Kind regards,
Stefan
MaSeife
User

Post by MaSeife »

Hi Stefan,

did you get any feedback from the dev team?

Regards,
Markus
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Markus,

I can not see a reply - so I've asked once again and will chase this so that I can get you further information as soon as possible!

Kind regards,
Stefan