Is there a Minimal Mode / Reading Mode / Focus Mode?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

plissk3n
User

Is there a Minimal Mode / Reading Mode / Focus Mode?

Post by plissk3n »

Hi there,
big fan of xchange. Use it a lot to edit my pdfs. What I am missing though is a minimal mode which hides all distractions. This includes:

* Ribbons
* Quick Tools Bar
* The menu items above the ribbons
* Maybe the tab bar
* Maybe the bottom navigation items

So ideally everything is hidden except the pdf itself, a plus would be if even the default window items (title bar, close button, frame) would be hidden.

I know that I could probably get the editor in a similar state by hiding elements, but that is a chore. There should be a one button solution for this.

Background is by the way for reading books on the PC while working with different software besides it, so fullscreen is not an option for me.

Is this an option I havent found yet? If not feature request I guess :P

Thanks!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Is there a Minimal Mode / Reading Mode / Focus Mode?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello plissk3n,

Please try the F8 key - that would hide the whole ribbon.
If you have any document specific panes (e.g. thumbnails/search) those would remain open, but you can then quickly minimize them with a couple more clicks on these:
image.png
Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.