Image fields on pre-printed forms using Populate

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

haroldrt3
User

Image fields on pre-printed forms using Populate

Post by haroldrt3 »

Hello,

I'm using populate to fill around 100 documents from a preprinted form with text fields. A CSV file works great for filling in all of the forms with the correct info. When printing on the pre-printed forms, I select print "Form Fields Only" and each form is correctly printed.

My issue is that I have a signature image that needs to be printed on each form, in the same place. I can't simply add the signature image as it is not recognized as a form field and won't be printed on the preprinted forms. The signature image needs to be identified as a Form Field to print on the preprinted forms.

I attempted adding an image field with the signature image included, but this field is not recognized as a "Form Field" and thus is not printed. I previously searched for a method to indirectly address the desired image in the CSV file but did not identify a solution.

Is there a better way to accomplish this or is there a method to identify the image field so that it is recognized as a form field.

Thanks
Harold
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Image fields on pre-printed forms using Populate

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello haroldrt3,

If you use an actual "Signature Field" and sign that (using as the visual part of the signature your desired image with your handwritten signature) - it should then print out when you select to print "form field data only".

Kind regards,
Stefan
haroldrt3
User

Post by haroldrt3 »

Thanks,

I can get the image to show as part of the signature field. That said, I also have the certificate info included for the certificated that I created in order to add the input a signature. Is there a way to show only the graphic?

Harold
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, haroldrt3

Unfortunately no, the appearance is an embedded part of that field. Though it is worth noting that the visual aspect is not necessary to be present on the page, since it is all visible in the signatures pane. As such, you could remove it from the appearance template before signing.
This article (specifically steps 5-8) describe removing unwanted visual aspects from the signature template: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgeba ... -signature

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
haroldrt3
User

Post by haroldrt3 »

Identified a solution to printing only the signature graphic. Place the graphic as an icon stamp. No field required. When printing, besides selecting "Form Field Data Only", click on the "More" box below the Print - "Form Field Data Only" selection. This brings up several options including Print Stamps. Then when populating the form, the output contains only the form field data and the stamp which is the signature graphic.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, haroldrt3

My apologies, did the steps I provided not accomplish that as well? There is no need for a visual representation of this data if you plan to obscure it anyway, so why not combine both actions into a single step?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com