Feature suggestion: Allow user to apply a different label style to each tab

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Raindrops
User

Post by Raindrops »

The user is allowed to change the tab label style, between "file name" and "document title".
But this style is applied to all tabs at once.
we cannot have a mix of styles for the tabs.

Let the user apply a style for any selected tab independently of the styles selected for the other tabs.
  • He should be able to select multiple tabs using CTRL+Click and then apply a style to all selected tabs at once.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Feature suggestion: Allow user to apply a different label style to each tab

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Raindrops,

The document title name is stored inside the PDF file - so that can be changed on a per document basis. Then - if you force the Editor to show Document titles - and it encounters a file without a title - it will display it's file name (when "Auto" is selected") - so you can have both files that will display a title and such that will display a filename.

Offering a feature as what you suggest would require the Editor to remember such a setting on a per document basis - which is unnecessary given the other tools you already have to achieve the same result.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Raindrops
User

Re: Feature suggestion: Allow user to apply a different label style to each tab

Post by Raindrops »

Thanks for the quick response!

As discussed in my other post, I was overlooking the fact that this is a pdf editor, and so it can edit the pdf file's title.

I edited the titles, and now everything works just fine!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)