Program crashing when dragging pages into Internet Browser

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

otto4267
User

Program crashing when dragging pages into Internet Browser

Post by otto4267 »

When I drag a page from my pdf document into my internet browser (to attach to an email for example), both pdf exchange editor and the internet browser will freeze and crash. Is there a fix for this?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Program crashing when dragging pages into Internet Browser

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello otto4267,

Thanks for your post and report.
First we will need to know a bit more about your set up, so that we can try to reproduce this here and if we do reproduce it - work on a fix.
So can you please tell us
1) are you on Windows 10 or 11?
2) Which build of the Editor is currently installed on your machine (Help -> About inside the Editor will tell you the exact build)
3) Which browser are you using?
4) Are you dragging files directly from inside the Editor or from a Windows Explorer folder? Also - are you using any other folder managers or the default Windows one?

And we would then be happy to assist you further!

Kind regards,
Stefan
otto4267
User

Post by otto4267 »

Thank you for your reply

1) Windows edition: Windows Server 2019 (work computer)
2) Version 10.2.1, build 385
3) Chrome
4) dragging files directly from inside the editor, using default window folder manager

I can drag files from directly inside the editor to outlook with no problems, however not into my browser
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello otto4267,

We've ran some test - and it seems like this only happens with Chrome.
When you drag from the thumbnails pane you are effectively extracting the pages you've dragged, and this would create a temp file that is then passed on to Chrome, and Chrome does not like it. Other browsers seem to be accepting the same file just fine, so we suspect it is Chrome specific. We've asked colleagues from the dev team to take a look and investigate this further to see if there is anything on our end we can do to improve this!

Kind regards,
Stefan