Rasterizing

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Tamutka
User

Rasterizing

Post by Tamutka »

Hello,
so far the program has served me perfectly. Today, however, something has changed. So far, I have reduced the document size to only 12% of scanned books using Remove Crop Content and Rasterize Pages. (from 187,535 to 23,428 KB) But all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore. Now the document is reduced by only 67% (298,341 to 201,156 KB). The settings are the same. I reset the computer, reset the program, but it doesn't help. Should I reload it?
Thank you!
2024-02-18_22-51-09.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tamutka
User

Re: Rasterizing

Post by Tamutka »

Anyone?
How can I get help from officials?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Tamutka,

It could be that the source images are now different - and as such you are getting less compression.
In any case - you are taking image data and still converting it to images.
You would get MUCH better results if you have an Editor Plus or Pro license and use the Enhanced OCR that comes with those products, and replace the pixels with actual text objects - that would give you your best file size reduction.

Please also note that we do not usually answer forum posts on Sundays - and would try to do so as soon as possible on Monday morning when we start here in our UK office.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Tamutka
User

Post by Tamutka »

Hi, Stefan
Thanks for replying!
in the meantime, I already researched what the problem was and also tried Enchanced (I have pro edition). And I'm very sad that I didn't discover it earlier. It's a bit slow, but the result is unique.
So the problem is solved.
As for Sunday and other days, you will know when you are retired, as I have. We pensioners are deprived of holidays and Sundays :-).
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Rasterizing

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
Tamutka
User

Post by Tamutka »

Hi Stefan, once again, I've tried Enchanting, but I can't get it set so that the text doesn't change. I am attaching a comparison. Is there any possibility to keep the text as the original, but still reduce the size of the document? Thank you.
Enchanted
enchanted.png
Original
original.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tamutka
User

Post by Tamutka »

I managed to edit document so that the initials remained, as well as the font on the left side of the document. However, the fonts on the right side are changed. I am attaching a comparison picture. How can I prevent this? How to make sure that the fonts on Even pages are the same as on Odd.
Odd is OK and Even not.png
But the size is excellent!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Tamutka

Unfortunate the OCR will assume the intended font based on some vague characterizations of the image it detects for each group of glyphs, and the fonts available to your system. You can manually select the text after OCR, and change the font to one singular font, but before /during the OCR process, there is no way to manually influence that.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com