Unlock PDF

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Davide78
User

Unlock PDF

Post by Davide78 »

Good morning, I would like to ask you for information regarding the unlocking of PDF files.
I usually use external services to perform this operation because they have the advantage of not requiring the unlock password.
Your program requires the unlock PW to perform this operation, correct?
There is no other way with PDF Xchange to force this operation without having the unlock password, correct?
Greetings
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Unlock PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Davide78,

The PDF security as implemented in the PDF ISO specification defines two passwords that can be set up for a file.
One is the "User" password - and you need this to be able to open the file at all. Without it - the contents is encrypted and no one would be able to see the file.

The other is the "Owner" password - that is the password of the person who created the file and placed restrictions on it. You need the Owner password to be able to change the security limitations of a PDF file.

We will not add tools in our products that would allow you to circumvent the Owner's password and the restrictions imposed by it.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Davide78
User

Post by Davide78 »

I understood, thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Unlock PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
eric17
User

Post by eric17 »

how can i collect your license for unlock pdf file :( :o
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi, eric17

can you elaborate on your question? You do not need a license to unlock a PDF that has password security, you need the password from the author of the document.

Kind regards,
Paul - Tracker Supp
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com