PDF-Tools > Multi-Threaded Processing = "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Zardoz2293
User

PDF-Tools > Multi-Threaded Processing = "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Post by Zardoz2293 »

Build 10.2.1.385 ; Released Jan 22nd, 2024

PDF-Tools if "Multi-Threaded Processing" = Enabled; results in "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." during large number of files / folders processed. Example: 2784 results in typically 40 "...another process" error. Appears PDF-Tools is hitting itself. Not caused by anti-virus scanner.

Does not occur when "Multi-Threaded Processing" = Disabled;

2024-03-04 07_36_03-PDF-Tools.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Zardoz2293 on Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF-Tools > Multi-Threaded Processing = "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another proc

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi, Zardoz2293

hmmm. I was going to ask you to try and identify what has a handle on the file using process explorer from Microsoft, until I saw you say it only happens when "Multi-Threaded Processing" = Disabled;

Is it consistently the same file(s) and can you reliably reproduce the issue? I am going to speak to the devs about this case and am keen to know if the issue is transient or always the same files? I assume yo could reproduce this on demand?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Zardoz2293
User

Re: PDF-Tools > Multi-Threaded Processing = "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another proc

Post by Zardoz2293 »

It only occurs when "Multi-Threaded Process" = ENABLED
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi, Zardoz2293

Right - I replied the wrong way around, but the devs understood and are looking into it. One of them will post here later today with instructions on what to do to help us investigate this.

Kind regards,
Paul - Tracker Supp
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi, Zardoz

the devs are investigating. We raised a ticket to track the investigation process, and while fore internal use if you ask about RT#6806: PDF-Tools :: PDF-Tools Multi-Threaded Processing issue. here you should be able to get a progress report.

Kind regards,
Paul - Tracker Supp
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke