Hold sessions in the cloud

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

zotric
User

Hold sessions in the cloud

Post by zotric »

For those of us who use cloud storage it would be very useful if sessions could be stored in the cloud.
For example, I use OneDrive and it would be easy for PDF_XCHANGE to have the session info in a folder on OneDrive instead of in C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0
I believe I could make this work if I were to add a link in that AppData directory to a directory in OneDrive but, equally, this facility might easily be added to PDF-XCHANGE.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Hold sessions in the cloud

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello zotric,

Sessions would usually need to find files on your current device.
You would need to make sure that all the files in that session are also in the cloud, and that you have mapped the cloud location the same way on all your devices. That is quite a few "if's" to check and verify before you can make such sessions work - so I am not sure if such could be approved by our dev team, but I will ask.

In the mean time - you know you can save your sessions in a file right? And you can then upload that session file to your cloud storage to use on your other device.

Kind regards,
Stefan