Amount of activations / Activation Error

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

m_halle
User

Post by m_halle »

Dear all,
I've purchased PDF Exchange Editor (great product, btw.) and activated it successfully on 2 devices (PC and Laptop). However, trying to activate the license on my third device, which is a Surface Tablet, does not work. I can create the offline activation data successfully and the webpage also tells me "activation successful", but when I try to load this into the software it tells me "activation failed". Also, in my account on the ebpage I only see the two successfully registered devices.
I might have missed that, but could it be the activation is limited to two devices? Hence, in that case the activation procedure should tell that at some point... Or is it the tablet device probably mis-configured somehow so the activation cannot succeed?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Martin.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Amount of activations / Activation Error

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for your question - there is a KB article (link below) explaining how to manage your installations and remove machines from your activations list to free up your license use;

You are allowed to install and use a single user license on up to 2 devices - provided you are the primary user of both.

You will need to login to your account to manage your licenses as per the KB article below.

How to manage your Activations;
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgeba ... My-License

Hope that helps.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
m_halle
User

Post by m_halle »

OK, thank you for the explanation. From what I see the next licensing option for my case would be 3 users, right? That would be too much. Do you have an option to just increase the amount of devices to 3? I would pay an additional fee, of course. These 3 devices are all in fact my own devices and used differently. However, with PDFs I am working on all of these...

Thank you,
Martin.

PS: Seems I don't get notified if someone answers here, so please be patient with me answering...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello m_halle,

Another option would be for you to get a second single user license. That would be cheaper than the upgrade to a 3 user pack.

Kind regards,
Stefan
m_halle
User

Post by m_halle »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:46 am Another option would be for you to get a second single user license. That would be cheaper than the upgrade to a 3 user pack.
Good point! It would be one device too much but who knows, maybe I will use it on another platform/PC.
OK, thank you! (Case closed.)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com