Unable to insert path text into the "Destination path: Choose folder..." field

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

Unable to insert path text into the "Destination path: Choose folder..." field

Post by Jensen Head »

In the "Input Files" block of the "Tool Options" window there is a text field in which, when you right-click, you cannot paste a path that was previously copied to the clipboard. Also, the system keyboard shortcut [Ctrl + V] does not work in this field. I am inclined to consider this a bug, and I ask you to consider correcting the behavior of the PDF-Tools application to be more predictable from a UX point of view.
_
2024-03-08_23-47-18.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Unable to insert path text into the "Destination path: Choose folder..." field

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jensen Head,

I will ask our developers whether that field is locked on purpose for pasting/typing into it - and if not - we will see to change that accordingly.

Kind regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Unable to insert path text into the "Destination path: Choose folder..." field

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello again Jensen,

Just got a reply that this field is deliberately locked - to prevent mistyped paths, and we are not planning on changing that behaviour for now. You would need to navigate to the desired path when setting it up in PDF-Tools.

Kind regards,
Stefan