Feature[s] Request: More in More for Pages

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PHK
User

Post by PHK »

The context drop-down menu in the "More for Pages" Options of the Thumbnails panel already does a lot but I am wondering how rude it would be to ask for even more.
image.png
For instance, it would be useful if there were a link from the More for Pages sub-menu to go to the Insert Pages tool. It would seem logical to me to have the Insert Pages functionalities accessible in the More for Pages menu.

Also, it would be nice if there were a sub-menu option to append pages to other existing files. And, if there were such an option, to have a tick box option of removing or not the source page(s). This would be an alternative to cutting/copying and pasting and could save Users a lot of steps when moving pages from one file to another.

Thanking you in advance for consideration of these suggestions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All best,

FringePhil
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Feature[s] Request: More in More for Pages

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, PHK

The "more for pages" menu is intended to house less commonly used actions, which reflect their changes on the currently selected, or already existing pages in the document., Items like "insert pages" or "delete pages" are much more commonly needed, and are instead given their own listing, above the more for pages flyout:
image.png
Since the right click menu already includes these, I do not think it likely that they will move to a new location, making the take extra time to access, but if you are editing the toolbars, you can freely place a copy of the "Insert pages" inside of one of the dropdowns within the Ribbon toolbars.

As for appending pages to other files, this is not something the Editor will offer, as it would be a batch processing allowance. If you need to insert the same pages from one file to a handful of other documents, PDF-tools offers batch processing actions to perform that process.

Kind regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
PHK
User

Re: Feature[s] Request: More in More for Pages

Post by PHK »

Thank you for that, Daniel.

I will have get my eyes checked as I somehow missed the "Insert Pages" line in the menu. Sorry about that.

My use in moving pages from file to file would not lend itself to batching; it is very much case-by-case. I stick by my feeling that this would be a useful feature but I am in no position to dispute your dismisal on engineering grounds.
All best,

FringePhil
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com