Selection of saved Java Scripts

Please post any requests or ideas you may have for new features for the end User Version of PDF-Tools here.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

filky
User

Selection of saved Java Scripts

Post by filky »

Hi,
It would be very helpful to introduce two enhancements related to working with Java Script.

The first is to add a feature in the Java Script Console so that you can select saved scripts and then run them.

The second is to be able to customise the toolbar with a new tool that used a selected Java Script.

I love the fact we can use Java Script at all, but I think we're missing an obvious ability to use the scripts outside of a document level and not just as a script that runs as part of a button for example added into a document.

If this is possible already I'm looking forward to learning how!!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Selection of saved Java Scripts

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello filky,

Thanks for your post.
It is actually already possible to create custom JS code, and have it run when you press a button.
Those buttons are added in a custom "Add-in tools" ribbon group when available:
image.png
And here are a couple of examples of how that is done:
viewtopic.php?t=40329
viewtopic.php?t=41332

Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
justhumm
User

Post by justhumm »

Those buttons are added in a custom "Add-in tools" ribbon group when available
when is the "Add-in tools" ribbon group available?

I am using PDF-XChange Editor v8. The add-in ribbon is currently not available for me. And I'm not sure how to make it available.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, justhumm

The addin in tool toolbar will only appear when your have Javascript files present inside one of our javascripts folders, which contain a script that creates tool to place on that bar.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com