When specifying a font in the font drop-down list by keyboard input, the font may not be changed as intended

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rakunavi
User

When specifying a font in the font drop-down list by keyboard input, the font may not be changed as intended

Post by rakunavi »

Hello all,

Entering a font name from the keyboard in the font drop-down list on the Format tab will automatically complement the font name. The drop-down list will also display up to five recently used fonts. However, if a font with a long name is registered as the most recently used font, it may not be possible to change to a font with a short name by keyboard input.

The following is a verification procedure. As usual, all settings have been initialized, i.e., the recently used fonts are empty at the beginning.

1. Create a text box comment and change the font to "Arial Black" from the Format tab. You can choose the font either by mouse or keyboard input, whichever you prefer. Once changed, "Arial Black" will be registered in the recently used fonts.
    • When all text in the comment is selected, the font drop-down list will show the currently set "Arial Black" font.
      • Click on the entry in the drop-down list to move the focus, then use the BackSpace key or Delete key to remove the trailing "Black", shorten it to "Arial," and finally press Enter. However, it is not possible to change from the "Arial Black" font to the "Arial" font.
      If you must change to the "Arial" font by keyboard input, press the down arrow key to open the drop-down list and use the arrow keys to move the focus to the "Arial" font and select it. However, even if the font name is automatically complemented with "Arial Black", it seems to me that removing the trailing "Black" to make it "Arial" and pressing the Enter key will set it to the "Arial" font, which is the way it should work.

• Animation.gif
      When verifying, please always be aware of what fonts are registered in the recently used fonts and in what order.
      For example

1. Arial
      2. Arial Black
      are registered in the recently used fonts in this order, keyboard input of "Arial" in the font drop-down list will be set to "Arial" as intended by the user, without any particular completion.

Hoping that the above information will be of some help to you.
      Thank you so much for your continued support.

Best regards,
      rakunavi

- PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version: 10.2.1 build 385
      - OS Version: Windows 11 Home 23H2 Build 22631.3296
      - PC Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL, HP All-in-One 22-c0xx
      You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
      TOP desires for PDFXCE
      forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
      forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
      forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
      forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
      Dimitar - Tracker Supp
      Site Admin

Re: When specifying a font in the font drop-down list by keyboard input, the font may not be changed as intended

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello rakunavi,

Thank you for the detailed problem report.

I was able to reproduce this behavior on my end so I forwarded your report to our developers for further investigation.

When the problem is resolved we will notify you.

Regards.
      rakunavi
      User

Re: When specifying a font in the font drop-down list by keyboard input, the font may not be changed as intended

Post by rakunavi »

Thank you, Dimitar,

I am relieved to share my situation with you.
      Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule.
      Please give my best regards to developers.

Best regards,
      rakunavi
      TOP desires for PDFXCE
      forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
      forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
      forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
      forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
      TrackerSupp-Daniel
      Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
      Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
      Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
      https://www.pdf-xchange.com
      Support@pdf-xchange.com