Problem: ALT key jumps out of text box (typewriter tool)

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

halabund
User

Problem: ALT key jumps out of text box (typewriter tool)

Post by halabund »

When using the typewriter tool, pressing the ALT key jumps out of the text box. This is very annoying because the ALT key is usually used to switch keyboard layouts, either using a combination like SHIFT+ALT to cycle them, or SHIFT-ALT-number to switch directly to a particular layout.

For me, it would count as a great improvement if this problem were fixed, and ALT-SHIFT-number combinations could be use to switch keyboard layouts while typing using the typewriter tool.

Note: I have build 40.7
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Re: Problem: ALT key jumps out of text box (typewriter tool)

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I ran into this problem too — trying to use Alter + codepoint to enter extended text characters.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Will be fixed into the next build.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
halabund
User

Post by halabund »

This keeps breaking all the time. It was working correctly in a previous version, but the problem is present again in version 42.2.

I use SHIFT-ALT-(number key) to switch keyboard layouts in Windows (it is also possible to simply use SHIFT-ALT to cycle through layouts). But whenever the cursor is in a comment box (adding a comment using the Highlight Text tool, or a related tool), and I try yo switch keyboard layouts using this keyboard shortcut, the focus jumps to the menu bar. Then I need to reach for the mouse and restore the focus to the comment box. This can get very frustrating when typing text in multiple languages (which I usually do).
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

halabund,

I can confirm that this (and entering Alt + NumPad symbols) is fixed and working in the latest build we are preparing (should be available tomorrow or at the beginnning of next week)

Please bear with us and "Help -> Check for updates" on Monday and everything should be working fine

Regards,
Stefan
halabund
User

Post by halabund »

Hello Stefan,

Sounds great! Please just don't break it again in a later build ;-)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

We will try not to :P

Cheers and have a nice weekend,
Stefan