Remove Ask toolbar or give registered users setup without it

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Defenestration
User

Remove Ask toolbar or give registered users setup without it

Post by Defenestration »

I understand why you have started bundling the Ask toolbar with PDF X-Change viewer free (ie. revenue), but as a registered paying user I was not impressed to find it, particularly when it was enabled by default.

Please can you provide a separate installer for registered paying users, which doesn't contain the Ask toolbar.

I personally think you've made a VERY bad decision by bundling the Ask toolbar, even if you end up disabling by default. You only have to look at other software vendors who have done the same thing and completely ruined their reputation due to bad practive by Ask and spyware concerns.

I have seen very positive reviews of PDF-XChange Viewer on various sites, but this will change as soon as they see the Ask toolbar in the installer.

One other thing - the new installer did not pick up my registration info by default when installing over the top of an existing install of PDF Viewer.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Remove Ask toolbar or give registered users setup without it

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

The installer should by default set the ASK install to deselected - provided your previous licensed version is seen and you have a license which includes the PDF-XChange Viewer PRO (e.g. PDF-Tools, PDF-XChange PRO or the PDF-XChange Viewer PRO) - can you please advise which you have and also which specific file was used for the install ?

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Defenestration
User

Post by Defenestration »

EXE installer for current 2.049 version of PDF XChange Viewer.

Licence is for PDF-XChange PRO
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks - was this :

PDFXVwer.exe or the full PDFX4.exe and also pls advise what version of Windows is in use?

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
Defenestration
User

Post by Defenestration »

Win7x64 and PDFXVwer.exe
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks - investigating.

Best regards
Tracker Support