New OCR_Save Request

PDF-X OCR SDK is a New product from us and intended to compliment our existing PDF and Imaging Tools to provide the Developer with an expanding set of professional tools for Optical Character Recognition tasks

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jeffp
User

New OCR_Save Request

Post by jeffp »

Currently, the OCR_SaveW produces a PDF file that contains both the image and embedded OCR text. The problem is that this file size is often much bigger than the original image PDF.

My suggestion would be to add a new save procedure (or an option to the existing one) to produce a PDF with only the embedded OCR text (that is, without the rasterized image). Basically, same resulting PDF but remove the image.

Then I can use the PXCp_PlaceContents call to add the new PDF text back into the original image PDF, thus preserving the original file size a lot better. Then you don't need to worry about custom compression settings with the OCR_Save call.

Also, I've been testing the new Delphi wrapper and it's working great! Thanks for doing that.

--Jeff
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Re: New OCR_Save Request

Post by Walter-Tracker Supp »

Thanks for posting this. As we discussed I will look into this for you and get back to you.

-Walter
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

There will be a flag in the next build that will let you specify to suppress image output, so you will be able to combine the text output from OCR_MakeSearchable() with the original content in your source PDF.

Thanks,
Walter
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Great. I assume the delphi wrapper will be updated too.
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

jeffp wrote:Great. I assume the delphi wrapper will be updated too.
I will update you on this as we proceed.

-Walter