64 bit ocrtools.dll?

PDF-X OCR SDK is a New product from us and intended to compliment our existing PDF and Imaging Tools to provide the Developer with an expanding set of professional tools for Optical Character Recognition tasks

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

FuzzyCoder
User

64 bit ocrtools.dll?

Post by FuzzyCoder »

I am evaluating the PDF-XChange PRO 4 SDK and cann ot find a 64 bit version of ocrtools.dll. Is a 64 bit version available?
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Re: 64 bit ocrtools.dll?

Post by Walter-Tracker Supp »

We will create a 64-bit build today and inform you once it is complete.

-Walter
FuzzyCoder
User

Post by FuzzyCoder »

Very Cool! Thank so much!

It is refreshing to actually get a response from a vendor.
It is astounding to have received one 4 minutes after posting!!! :D
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:D
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

It will be tomorrow, there are a couple of minor configuration issues to resolve ;)

-Walter
FuzzyCoder
User

Post by FuzzyCoder »

OK. Thank you.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

We have built the 64-bit version of the DLL and will include it in the main SDK installer in the near future. In the meantime I have sent you a copy directly via email (and can provide the same to other interested developers who may read this, if it has not yet made its way into the main installer).

-Walter
FuzzyCoder
User

Post by FuzzyCoder »

Thanks Walter! I'll check it out right away.
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

FuzzyCoder wrote:Thanks Walter! I'll check it out right away.
Please note that it is a limited, demo version that will only function on the first two pages of any input document. However, it provides a full demonstration of all functionality, subject to that limitation.

-Walter
FuzzyCoder
User

Post by FuzzyCoder »

That's fine. Do you have a C# wrapper? or do I need to create one using PInvoke?
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Unfortunately we do not at the moment; the OCR SDK was added as a bonus a few months ago, but we have only provided a few examples, as the bulk of our development is focused on our upcoming new releases (including updated OCR components with more advanced functionality).

If you can quickly generate a wrapper with an automated tool, great. You may also look to the C#Examples folder, and particularly:

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 4 SDK\Examples\SDKExamples\C#Examples\PDFXCDemo\PDFXC_Funcs.cs

For some inspiration.

-Walter
FuzzyCoder
User

Post by FuzzyCoder »

OK. Do you have a header file I could use?
FuzzyCoder
User

Post by FuzzyCoder »

I will send to you a working C# wrapper for inclusion in the sdk if you give me what I need to make one.
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

FuzzyCoder wrote:OK. Do you have a header file I could use?
The C++ header is included in the SDK:

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 4 SDK\Examples\Include

ocrtools.h
ocr_types.h
ocr_errors.h
OCRdefaults.h

I hope this is all that you will need. If not, let us know.

-Walter
FuzzyCoder
User

Post by FuzzyCoder »

Dudes!

You gotta work with me here. I want to invest in your product. But I am under the gun just like you.

If you are advertising an OCR SDK, it is not unreasonable for me to expect exactly that when I download it. That is not what I see. Instead I see a bunch of projects with your mission critical executables scattered throughout, some with the same name having different file sizes.

And notwithstanding the amazing response from your technical gurus, the fact that you did not have OCR for 64bit, do not have a C# wrapper, and do not have .Net wrappers in general (representing 64% of the developer market) makes me wonder how much you really need the business.

Not trying to be a jerk. But just like you, I have time constraints, and I do not have the luxury of being able to nurture a vendor's product to a release level.

I am evaluating a number of Raster PDF to Searchable PDF solutions. I was really hoping yours would be it. What do you say?
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

I fully understand your position on this. I think it is worth giving you some background into the OCR add-on.

This is not a headline feature for us but is something we have been developing primarily for our next, upcoming major version. A couple of months ago we decided to include some of the initial functionality as a free bonus feature for clients of the PDF-XChange PRO SDK - we included it at no additional charge. It provides useful functionality that many of our clients have wanted, and is also a bit of a pre-release teaser for the functionality coming up in our new SDK in the coming months.

If you are seeking a product primarily for this functionality and our product does not currently provide it, you are probably best off looking elsewhere. I do not mean to discourage you from using our SDK, because I do believe it provides useful functionality, but because OCR is primarly a bonus feature in this release, there are a few minor limitations. This is also why we did not include a 64-bit build, but rather waited until one was specifically requested.

We will endeavor to create a C# wrapper / example, but it will likely be about two weeks away, as we are very heavily focused on upcoming releases, and this is not a high priority given its "bonus feature" status.

We do appreciate your feedback and if you need further help please don't hesitate to contact us.

-Walter

FuzzyCoder wrote:Dudes!

You gotta work with me here. I want to invest in your product. But I am under the gun just like you.

If you are advertising an OCR SDK, it is not unreasonable for me to expect exactly that when I download it. That is not what I see. Instead I see a bunch of projects with your mission critical executables scattered throughout, some with the same name having different file sizes.

And notwithstanding the amazing response from your technical gurus, the fact that you did not have OCR for 64bit, do not have a C# wrapper, and do not have .Net wrappers in general (representing 64% of the developer market) makes me wonder how much you really need the business.

Not trying to be a jerk. But just like you, I have time constraints, and I do not have the luxury of being able to nurture a vendor's product to a release level.

I am evaluating a number of Raster PDF to Searchable PDF solutions. I was really hoping yours would be it. What do you say?
joost
User

Post by joost »

Hi there,

I need the 64 bit version of the live version of the DLL. Is this available somewhere?
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Yes; just download the latest live DLL package from the downloads page:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads/sdk

The 64 bit DLL is now included in it.

-Walter