smaller typwriter text size?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

sensingsys
User

smaller typwriter text size?

Post by sensingsys »

Firstly I would like to say that I find PDF-XChange Viewer to be excellent for a free program.

There is one problem that I am running into - the smallest text size of 8.0 pt is often far too large when editing existing PDF files. Is there any way to obtain e.g. 6.0 pt?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: smaller typwriter text size?

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

In PDF-XChange Viewer version 2.5 build 211, you can activate the "Properties toolbar" via View > Toolbars.
When using the TypeWriter function, you will see in this toolbar which font (like "Arial") and which size (like "10") that actually are used.
When you select your text in the typewriter box and then click into the little sizebox in the Properties toolbar you can type for exemple "6" or "4" and press the Enter key/button. You will see that your text will adapt to that size.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks for the help Willy,

Just to add that if you want to you can also make these new font size, style, colour etc. the default for the next time you try to add a new typewriter object as well:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgebase/140

Regards,
Stefan
sensingsys
User

Post by sensingsys »

Thank you Willy, works brilliantly.

I also found that I can not only use "5" which was a little too small, and "5.5" which was a little too large, but "5.3" which was just right.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
vesper
User

Post by vesper »

I am now using PDF-Viewer V2.5 315.0 Sept 9 2015 and am trying to follow the tips in Knowledge Base Article: KB140 (as suggested by Stefan), and those steps no longer seem to work. :(

Trying to change the default typewriter font, I've created a typewriter text field, highlighted some of the text, and then specified a new font and size (Courier New, 12). As soon as I return focus to the document, the font and size reverts to the original parameters.

I have a lengthy form to fill in and really need this feature. Suggestions, please...

:)
Al Vesper
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi vesper,

Thanks for the post - this sounds like there may be an issue with the document, as I'm not seeing this here. Please send a copy of the document so that we can take a look and advise further.

Also, please do be aware that the Viewer has now been discontinued and no further development will take place, excepting issues that we deem absolutely critical to its use. I would recommend that you try using the Editor:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVE5.zip

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
vesper
User

Post by vesper »

My gosh! You guys are really good! I'm switching to the editor...
Al Vesper
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Glad to hear it!

Cheers! :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America