Viewer V3 Roadmap

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Viewer V3 Roadmap

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

We have an updated anticipated release date for delivery of Version 3 of the Viewer. It will be called PDF-X Viewer 2011 and will be available before the end of Q2 of this year - barring any unforeseen issues this is a date we confidently expect to be able to meet.

There is a Powerpoint file attached to this post outlining the planned features and a preview of what it may look like. For commercial reasons we will not be releasing further detail on the features that will be in the initial release.
Attachments
PDF-X Viewer 2011.zip
(3.02 MiB) Downloaded 1821 times
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Viewer V3 Roadmap

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Dear users ...

Inevitably as we reach the end of June we are being asked daily when will version 3 be released ...

After a week or so of reviewing progress and the current components completed - I regret I must advise we are not going to make our target date - the end of Q2 2011 as hoped.

I could go into a long diatribe of the technical details as to why - in truth the plain and simple fact is that the new version is just such an ambitious and feature rich product - more so than any we have ever delivered previously - to predict a date from the start was foolish.

Additionally, perhaps the biggest error on our part, was until recently to continue to refine and add features to version 2.x - which severely hampered the development teams ability to concentrate on the new release.

We are approximately 75% complete - many of the most complex portions of code are complete and tested - but until all the pieces of the 'puzzle' are in place we cannot bring everything together to begin to prepare a usable product.

I can only apologize to all our clients who have been eagerly awaiting version 3 and the extended features it is going to offer and ask for you to be patient with us a while longer.

I know you will want to know a date and I would very much like to offer one - but to do so - would, after the past 12 months experience, be extremely foolhardy.

I stress how much we regret this delay and ask you to keep faith with us as we move forward on what I know is going to be the absolute best product we have ever delivered and you will have used for PDF creation, viewing and of course editing too!

You will I assure you - be astounded by the end results - from the portions I have been able to view so far - the development team have surpassed even my expectations in the imagination and high engineering standards they are producing.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and in return I promise you - you will not be disappointed with the end result !
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com