Edit : Control PDF-XChange to do auto-print ?

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jerry^
User

Edit : Control PDF-XChange to do auto-print ?

Post by Jerry^ »

Edit : since yesterday, I have downloaded "PDF-XChange PDF Viewer SDK".

Now, my question is simple : can we do the same work showed in "PrintDocument" example on a JavaScript Chrome browser environment ?

The HTML_JavaScript of WebExampes forder need Internet Explorer, i would not like to work on this browser.

Thanks for your help.

Jérémy
---------------------------------

Hello ,

I am a software developer , I am making a web-based application (compatible with Google Chrome). I need to print automatically some PDF files (generated by my application and automatically opened when the user do something special). Is there a way to control PDF-XChange Viewer (through AJAX requests for example) to ask him to automatically print the opened document, and to close itself when document is sended to a predefined printer ?

I don't want to do this through Google Chrome, I would like to keep PDF-XChange Viewer as usual PDF viewer because sometimes, the user don't need to print the file, and need to work on it, with PDF-XChange Viewer.

Could someone help me ?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Edit : Control PDF-XChange to do auto-print ?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jérémy,

Thanks for your e-mail and interest in our SDK products.
As you are probably aware - most browsers are nowadays removing support for external plug-ins. This includes Chrome, FFox and Edge, so it is almost impossible for us to support those.
Also as far as I am aware - you won't be able to use the built in JS inside Chrome to access external applications on the user's machine - for security reasons, so I can't really see a way of achieving your goal in the current browsers situation. I will still check with our devs and see if they have any other thoughts!

Regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello again Jérémy,

This is the information I got from a colleague from the dev team:
Our PDF-Viewer SDK Control is n COM (ActiveX) object. As far as I know the only browser that supports ActiveX natively (i.e. as a part of the HTML document object model accessible from JScript) is Internet Explorer. Other browsers do not because ActiveX is a MS/Windows specific technology.
It might be possible indirectly if a given browser supports binary plugins that are accessible to HTML JScript. But I think the needs here is for a web-only solution, without browser-specific binary wrappers.
Regards,
Stefan
Jerry^
User

Post by Jerry^ »

Hello, Stefan ,

Thanks for your reply :)

I am making a VB application linked with my web application.
Web application will send PDF content to the VB application (through AJAX queries) and the VB application will open and print the PDF content through ActiveX.

Thanks a lot !

Jérémy
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jérémy,

Thanks for letting us know :) Should we consider this topic resolved?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Jerry^
User

Post by Jerry^ »

Hello !

Yes, topic resolved. Thanks for your help.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Glad to hear that all is resolved!

Cheers,
Stefan