Suggestion for Additional Commenting Tool

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rojmiller
User

Suggestion for Additional Commenting Tool

Post by rojmiller »

It would be nice to have a caret commenting tool, like the one in Foxit. The callout toll in Pdf-Xchange is most similar, but the box is not really a text box like the other commenting tools, and it is harder to position and adjust in size etc. Another useful one that Foxit has is the squiggly line annotation tool.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

Added to the requests list. Will be realized into one of the next build.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
rojmiller
User

Post by rojmiller »

Ivan - Tracker Software wrote:Added to the requests list. Will be realized into one of the next build.
I should probably be more specific and mention that I would prefer that the caret and squiggly line tools behave like the Sticky Note Tool, with a popup text box feature. Strikeout and Highlight tools with automatic text popups like the Sticky Note tool would also be useful.

The Strikeout tool with automatic popup would be in addition to the "Cross out the selected text tool", which is useful by itself.

I am not sure about the use of the Highlight and Underline the Selected Text tools - if you use these, aren't you most likely to need to add a comment on why you are highlighting or underlining? Shouldn't their default behaviour be like the Sticky Note tool? I've got no problem leaving them in the program - just arguing for tools with a default popup box behaviour.

BTW, the default behaviour of the Highlight, Crossout, and Underline the Selected Text tools, when adding a popup note, is a bit weird. When you add a Sticky Note, the screen focus immediately changes to the text box, and you can begin typing immediately. With the other tools, when you click on "Open Pop-up Note", focus does not change to the note, so you have to click on it with the mouse first before typing. A small nuisance, but annoying.

BTW, I think this is a great program, and the responsiveness of the developers to forum input is fantastic!